2-day Dynamic Handgun Combatives Course
Course # DHCC.0326.1
Florida FDLE Approved Course
(Approved by the Florida Department of LE Standards)
Michigan MCOLES Approved Course
(Approved by the Michigan Commission on LE Standards)
Pre-requisite: 3-day Basic Defensive Pistol Course or firearms training course of equivalent level demonstrating at least 24 hours of pistol training, at least 500 rounds of live-fire drills completed and a passing score on a basic or combat handgun qualification course.
Course Description: This intense 2-day firearms training course focuses on challenging the student with balancing speed & accuracy during continuous rapid movement around obstacles and while running through groups of threats at CQB distances.
Aggressive movement and lateral displacement will be emphasized throughout the course and students will also engage threats from various shooting positions that will include laying on both sides, supine, and while using unorthodox shooting positions to shoot around obstacles, through barrier windows and under vehicles.
Drill complexity and stress will increase as student's decision making skills and target discrimination will be tested in shoot / don't shoot courses of fire while continuously moving.
This course will provide invaluable information to the student with techniques on how to fight with the handgun around obstacles and vehicles from various positions.
This is a fast paced, physically demanding firearms training course! Students should be in good physical condition, familiar with their equipment and have solid intermediate to advanced gun-handling skills established prior to attending this firearms training course.
The following firearms training topics will be covered:
Firearms training safety rules review.
methodology and concepts.
and combat mindset.
- Enhanced tactical aptitude.
Review of shooting
action stance and thumbs forward grip.
of combat shooting the pistol.
of the pistol from the holster.
of the pistol from ready pistol.
- Presentation of the pistol from position SUL.
- Balancing speed and accuracy.
- Enhanced tactical speed shooting concepts.
- Reducing stimulus / response time.
- Multi-shot progressive shooting drills.
- Multi-shot rhythm drills and split time reduction strategies.
Moving off the
line of force and lateral displacement.
and area scanning.
weapon, threat and visual areas.
- Engaging threats while advancing and withdrawing.
- Engaging threats during continuous movement.
- Engaging threats at CQB distances while running.
- Engaging threats during shoot / don't shoot drills.
- Engaging multiple threats while negotiating obstacles.
- Engaging threats shooting over and around barricades.
- Engaging threats shooting through barricade windows.
- Engaging threats from the supine position.
- Engaging threats while laying on the strong side.
- Engaging threats while laying on the support side.
- Engaging threats from the prone position.
- Recovering from prone and supine positions to standing.
- Engaging threats while recovering back to standing.
Review ammunition management techniques.
Enhanced combat gun-handling
threat engagement strategies.
and body armor defeating drills.
Use of the flash
sight picture vs. perfect sight alignment.
Mastering Sight Gear 3 - Front sight
- Dynamic handgun combatives qualification course.
- The Gun-Fighter's Crucible!
Course duration: 2 days (16 hours)
Course tuition: $ 325.00
(Add $ 50.00 range fee to Ekhorn, WI. class)
(Tuition fee includes all range fees)
Course student limit: 16
requirements: Eye protection, ear protection, baseball type cap, heavy pants belt or duty rig with holster and
magazine carriers, personal defense pistol with at least (3) hi-capacity magazines or (5) single stack magazines, handgun cleaning kit and gun oil / CLP.
Recommended equipment: Rain gear, sunscreen, insect repellent, hydration system and water.
Ammunition requirements: 750 rounds (minimum)
(Ammunition is available
for purchase upon request)
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAINING SCHEDULE
CLICK HERE FOR CLASS REGISTRATION