3-day Defensive Duty Knife Operator
Course # DKOP.0860.1 (DDK program hours 1 thru 28)
Michigan MCOLES Approved Course
(Approved by the Michigan Commission on LE Standards)
Nebraska NLETC Approved Course
(Approved by the Nebraska LE Training Center & Academy)
Endorsed by the following professional organizations:
- Action Target Training Academy - LETC
- Georgia Tactical Officer's Association (GTOA)
- Indiana SWAT Officer's Association (ISOA)
- International LE Educators & Trainers Association (ILEETA)
- International Association of LE Firearms Instructors (IALEFI)
Pre-requisite: Students must successfully complete the 3-day Defensive Duty Knife Operator Course to be eligible to attend the Defensive Duty Knife Instructor Certification Course.
Course Description: This intense 3-day operator certification course focuses on development of operator skills in the justifiable use, deployment and application of the law enforcement duty knife / rescue tool.
This course is directed at developing operator skills for the defensive use and deployment of the duty knife / rescue tool through reality based force-on-target and force-on-force training.
Emphasis on developing advanced, combined skills and tactical application of the duty knife / rescue tool prepares the duty knife operator for emergency deployment applications addressing weapon retention issues, personal defense and exigent use of deadly force.
Our Defensive Duty Knife Program focuses on training law enforcement officers and armed professionals in reasonable and effective deployment of the duty knife as a defensive tool and justifies its application within the Use of Force Continuum.
Click here to view the professional vita for lead instructor
The following topics will be covered:
Duty knife / rescue tool deployment, use and safety.
Duty knife characteristics and selection.
Rescue tool and utility uses.
Carrying a duty knife / rescue tool and accessibility.
Mental conditioning and combat mindset.
Enhanced tactical aptitude.
Principal rules of using a duty knife in self-defense.
Justifiable use of the duty knife in the Continuum of Force.
Legal issues and developing agency duty knife policy.
- Threat cues and assessment.
Identifying and understanding edged weapon threats.
Defensive reaction to edged weapon attacks.
- Utilizing various striking surfaces of the duty knife.
Basic edged weapon striking techniques.
- Intermediate edged weapon striking techniques.
- Advanced edged weapon striking techniques.
Understanding application and effects of knife strikes.
Identifying primary and secondary targets.
Application from incapacitating limbs to use of deadly force.
- Bilateral training.
- Continuous reaction to multiple threats.
- Position & maneuver for close quarter defensive reaction.
- Flow, feedback and reactive targets.
- Standoff capabilities of the duty knife.
- Direct contact and lateral movement.
- Weapon retention and disarming techniques.
- Weapon transition drills.
- Stress inoculation and stress exposure drills.
- DDK operator combined skills evaluation.
- Operator standard drills evaluation.
- Written examination.
Course duration: 3 days (28 hours)
Course tuition: $ 480.00
Course student limit: 16
Student requirements: Pen, paper, mouth guard, groin protection, comfortable clothing suitable for ground fighting and duty belt.
(Body armor is optional unless it is required by your agency during training)
Recommended personal equipment: Kneepads, neoprene gloves or padded gloves, redman padded head protection, red gun, towel, hydration system and water.
Spartan Tactical will provide all training knives, training weapons, Shocknife products and additional safety equipment for this class.
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAINING SCHEDULE
CLICK HERE FOR CLASS REGISTRATION