ADVANCED PISTOL 3: Speed on Steel
Course # APT3.0330.7 (Pistol program hours 57 thru 72)
Michigan MCOLES Approved Course
(Approved by the Michigan Commission on LE Standards)
Pre-requisite: 2-day Advanced Tactical Pistol Course or 2-day Tactical Speed Shooting Pistol Course or firearms training course of equivalent level demonstrating at least 40 to 56 hours of pistol training, at least 2500 rounds of live-fire drills completed and a passing score on an advanced combat handgun qualification course. IDPA and IPSC ratings will be considered upon review for pre-requisite equivalency.
Course Description: The ultimate pistol skills challenge course! This intense 2-day firearms training course focuses on development of advanced gun-handling skills and tactical speed shooting concepts that are necessary to increase speed in presentation, reloading, target acquisition and manipulation of the semi-automatic pistol.
Speed on Steel will address balancing speed and accuracy while operating the semi-automatic pistol in a tactical capacity.
Students will be challenged throughout this firearms training course with a variety of reactive steel targets and courses of fire.
Stress will be induced throughout the course by use of man vs. man shoot-offs and challenging standard drill requirements.
This firearms training course will be limited to 12 students to maximize drill repetition and instructor interaction with students.
This is a fast paced, physically demanding firearms training course! Students should be in good physical condition, familiar with their equipment and have solid advanced gun-handling skills established prior to attending this course.
This firearms training course will conclude with a 10 stage standard drill test to evaluate the student's skill level and knowledge retained from attending this course.
The following firearms training topics will be covered:
Firearms training safety rules review.
Mental conditioning and combat mindset.
- Enhanced tactical aptitude.
Review of shooting fundamentals.
The natural action stance and thumbs forward grip.
Combat methodology of shooting the semi-automatic pistol.
Refined presentation from ready pistol.
Refined presentation of the pistol from the holster.
Ammunition management and reloading techniques.
Balancing speed and accuracy.
- Reducing stimulus / response time.
- Refining 1-shot presentation from ready pistol and the holster.
Multi-shot progressive shooting drills.
- Multi-shot rhythm drills and split time reduction strategies.
Precision concentration drills.
Target engagement sequences and strategies.
- Multi-target engagement and flowing thru banks of targets.
- Target transition drills - engaging targets small to large and large to small.
- Engaging multiple targets near to far and far to near.
Engaging multiple targets at variable distances.
Use of the flash sight picture vs. perfect sight alignment.
- Advanced tactical speed shooting concepts.
- Mastering Sight Gear 3 - Front sight proximity shooting.
Man vs. man and team shoot-offs on shape targets, steel plate racks, dueling trees and rotating targets.
- Walk back precision drills engaging 8" plates from 10 yards to beyond 50 yards.
Standard drill test and evaluation.
Shoot 'til you puke!
Course duration: 2 days (16 hours)
Course tuition: $ 325.00
(Tuition fee includes all range fees and use of loaner firearms)
Course student limit: 12
Student requirements: Notepad and pen, eye protection, ear protection, baseball type cap, heavy pants belt with holster and magazine carriers, personal defense pistol with at least (5) hi-capacity magazines or (7) single stack magazines, handgun cleaning kit and gun oil / CLP.
Recommended equipment: Rain gear, sunscreen, insect repellent, hydration system, water and secondary handgun in the event your primary handgun breaks during the course. Bring a handgun cleaning kit, gun oil / CLP and any tools you may need to keep your handgun up and running for the class.
Ammunition requirements: 1750 rounds (minimum)
(Ammunition is available for purchase upon request)
Standard drills test: All standard drills are shot from the 10 yard line on steel torso plates and 8" steel circle plate racks.
Students have 3 attempts to pass each standard. Each standard is worth 10 points. Students must score 70% or higher (7 out of 10) to pass this course.
- 1 round from ready pistol - 1.00 seconds
- 1 round from the holster - 1.75 seconds
- 1 round - reload - 1 round from ready pistol - 3.25 seconds
- 1 round - reload - 1 round from the holster - 4.00 seconds
- 2 rounds on 1 target from ready pistol - 1.25 seconds
- 2 rounds on 1 target from the holster - 2.00 seconds
- 2 rounds each on 2 targets from ready pistol - 2.25 seconds
- 2 rounds each on 2 targets from the holster - 2.75 seconds
- 6 plates / plate rack from ready pistol - 5.0 seconds
- 6 plates / plate rack from the holster - 6.0 seconds
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAINING SCHEDULE
CLICK HERE FOR CLASS REGISTRATION