Low Light Tactical Handgun Course
Course # LTHC.0440.1 (16-hour Course)
Michigan MCOLES Approved Course
(Approved by the Michigan Commission on LE Standards)
Pre-requisite: Our Advanced Pistol 1 Course or firearms training course of equivalent level.
Law Enforcement Officers that have completed their state certified Basic Law Enforcement Academy Certification training meet the pre-requisite training standards for this course.
Course Description: This 1-day firearms training course introduces the student to tactical concepts when the handgun is deployed for personal defense in low light / diminished light environments.
With over 60% of deadly force confrontations occurring during the hours of darkness and in buildings with diminished light, it is imperative to understand how to properly deploy, use and manipulate a handgun in diminished light environments.
This course will cover how the human eye works in diminished light, use of ambient light during threat engagement as well as various flashlight deployment techniques to illuminate, identify and disorient threats.
The following firearms training topics will be covered:
Firearms safety and safe gun-handling procedures.
Review principals of personal defense.
Conditioning mental focus and combat mindset.
- Enhanced tactical aptitude.
Physiology of the human eye and natural night vision.
- Engaging threats using ambient light.
- Use of Tritium sights vs. non-illuminated sights.
- Use of weapon mounted flashlights.
- Use of hand held flashlights.
- Threat identification and target discrimination.
- Tactical concepts of operating in low light conditions.
- Use of the flashlight to disorient an adversary.
Presentation of the pistol from the high ready position.
- One hand shooting while deploying a flashlight.
Threat assessment and area scanning.
- Movement off the line of force and lateral displacement.
Dominating the weapon, threat and visual areas.
Movement and hunting at ready pistol.
Engagement and displacement drills.
- Loading, unloading and press checking in diminished light.
- Ammunition management - Tactical reloads and emergency reloads in diminished light.
- Clearing malfunctions in diminished light.
Weapon manipulation in diminished light.
- Shoot / don't shoot target discrimination drills.
Drugged assailant and body armor defeating drills.
- Enhanced tactical speed shooting concepts.
Mastering Sight Gear 2 - The Flash Sight Picture.
Timed Low light standard drill test.
Course duration: 1 day (8 hours)
Course tuition: $ 175.00
(Tuition fee includes all range fees and use of loaner firearms)
Course student limit: 16
Student requirements: Note pad & pen, eye protection, ear protection, baseball type cap, heavy-duty leather or nylon pants belt, holster and magazine carriers, personal defense handgun with at least (3) hi-capacity magazines or (5) single stack magazines, at least (1) reliable handheld flashlight, handgun cleaning kit and gun oil / CLP.
Recommended equipment: Weapon mounted flashlights are allowed in addition to the required hand held flashlight, bring more then one handheld flashlight in case your primary light goes down, bring replacement batteries and / or battery chargers, zip-up or button-up concealment garments / vests are allowed (optional).
Ammunition requirements: 350 rounds (minimum)
(Ammunition is available for purchase upon request)
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAINING SCHEDULE
CLICK HERE FOR CLASS REGISTRATION