3-hour Illinois Concealed Carry Handgun License Renewal Course
Course # ICCL.0132.1-3H (3-hour renewal program)
This curriculum is approved by the Illinois State Police and has been assigned Curriculum Approval ID # CCC13A0983
Spartan Tactical - Where responsible gun owners that are serious about learning how to use a firearm for personal defense come to train!
BEWARE: llinois Concealed Carry Instructor Fraud - Article 2014
This program will be presented by ISP approved, ILETSB State of Illinois certified Master Firearms Instructors.
Course Description: This 3-hour course focuses on covering the mandated training requirements by the Illinois Concealed Carry Act to renew an Illinois Concealed Carry License.
This course will provide students with updated information and training on firearms safety, fundamental gun-handling skills, presentation & deployment from concealment, concealed carry tactics and use of force laws covering self-defense & personal defense applications.
The class will conclude with students being required to successfully pass the Illinois Concealed Carry License Renewal Handgun Qualification Course.
The entire live-fire qualification course will be conducted by presentation from the holster, from concealment.
Click the link below to review the qualification course of fire stages;
Illinois Concealed Carry License Renewal Handgun Qualification Course
The following topics will be covered in this course:
Safe gun-handling and basic firearms safety rules.
- Review of shooting fundamentals.
- Basic marksmanship and basic gun-handling skills.
Presentation from the holster and concealment.
Loading / unloading and press check chamber verification.
Review of the emergency reload.
Methodology of shooting the semi-automatic pistol.
- Dry-practice skill building drills.
- Chapter 720 review of lawful use of force for personal defense, home defense and defense of property.
- Illinois Firearm Concealed Carry Act law review and updates on 430 ILCS 66/10(H) and 430 ILCS 66/65.
- Review of FOID act law per 430 ILCS 65.
- Review firearm transport rules and law.
- Review firearm storage in the home and vehicle.
- Review interaction with law enforcement officers while transporting or carrying a concealed firearm.
- Interaction with law enforcement after using justified deadly force.
- Explanation of what training records will be kept on file to support you in civil and / or criminal litigation subpoena.
- Expert witness personal defense strategies.
- Use of force options, situational awareness, verbal direction, contact de-escalation and conflict resolution strategies.
- Identifying areas where CCW is prohibited.
- Parking lot exemption rules.
- Personal defense liability insurance considerations.
- Successfully pass the Illinois Concealed Carry License Renewal Handgun Qualification Course.
- Qualification will be limited to 2 attempts per class.
- Students must be 21 and possess a valid FOID card.
Course duration: 3-hour program
Course tuition: $ 75.00
Tuition fee includes: All range fees, use of loaner firearms & equipment, Illinois Gun Laws handout, FOID Act handout, Illinois CCW general information handout and student course manual.
Course student limit: 16 (Private group sessions available)
Student equipment requirements needed for class:
- Eye protection, ear protection and baseball type cap.
- Heavy-duty leather or nylon pants belt.
- Outside the waist band holster - belt loop or paddle is acceptable.
- Inside the waist band holsters must be examined and approved for use in the class by the instructor.
- Single or double magazine carrier / pouch - belt loop or paddle is acceptable.
- Semi-automatic pistol with at least (3) magazines.
- Concealment garment - button up / zip up jacket, shirt or vest is acceptable.
- 50 rounds of factory new ammunition.
(Ammunition is available for purchase upon request.)
Equipment specifications for class:
- Handgun must be of major caliber - at least 9mm or larger.
- Handgun must be from a reputable manufacturer.
- Unreliable / unsafe handguns will not be allowed in class.
- Students intending to use personally owned handguns in class will be required to have that handgun APPROVED for training PRIOR to attending class.
- If your handgun does not meet our training requirements, we will provide a loaner handgun for you to use at no extra cost.
- If you do not own a handgun, we will provide a loaner handgun for you to use at no additional cost.
- No shoulder holsters, cross-draw holsters, fanny packs or ankle holsters will be allowed in class!
Spartan Tactical can provide students with loaner handguns, magazines, holsters and magazine carriers upon request.
Loaner handguns available for student use:
- Glock 17 Gen 3 and Gen 4 (9mm)
- Glock 19 Gen 3 and Gen 4 (9mm)
Illinois Concealed Carry Information Resources:
For more information, contact us at (708) 990-4367.
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAINING SCHEDULE
CLICK HERE FOR COURSE REGISTRATION