Speed on Steel Handgun Course
Course # SSHC.0331.1 (16-hour Course)
Michigan MCOLES Approved Course
(Approved by the Michigan Commission on LE Standards)
Pre-requisite: Our 2-day Advanced Tactical Handgun Certification Course or 2-day Tactical Speed Shooting Handgun Certification Course or firearms training course of equivalent level. IDPA and IPSC ratings will be considered upon review for pre-requisite equivalency.
Students will be screened by interview to verify they meet the training pre-requisites for this course.
Course Description: The ultimate pistol skills challenge course! This intense 2-day firearms training course focuses on development of advanced gun-handling skills and tactical speed shooting concepts that are necessary to increase speed in presentation, reloading, target acquisition and manipulation of the semi-automatic pistol.
Speed on Steel will address balancing speed and accuracy while operating the semi-automatic pistol in a tactical capacity.
Students will be challenged throughout this firearms training course with a variety of reactive steel targets and courses of fire.
Stress will be induced throughout the course by use of man vs. man shoot-offs and challenging standard drill requirements.
This firearms training course will be limited to 12 students to maximize drill repetition and instructor interaction with students.
This is a fast paced, physically demanding firearms training course! Students should be in good physical condition, familiar with their equipment and have solid advanced gun-handling skills established prior to attending this course.
This firearms training course will conclude with a 10 stage standard drill test to evaluate the student's skill level and knowledge retained from attending this course.
The following firearms training topics will be covered:
Firearms safety and safe gun-handling procedures.
Conditioning mental focus and the winning mindset.
- Enhanced tactical aptitude.
Review of shooting fundamentals.
The natural action stance and thumbs forward grip.
Combat methodology of shooting the semi-automatic pistol.
Refined presentation from ready pistol.
Refined presentation of the pistol from the holster.
Mastering Roll Thru the Link trigger press and reset.
Ammunition management and reloading techniques.
Balancing speed and accuracy.
- Reducing stimulus / response time.
- Refining 1-shot presentation from ready pistol and the holster.
Multi-shot progressive shooting drills.
- Multi-shot rhythm drills and split time reduction strategies.
Precision concentration drills.
Target engagement sequences and strategies.
- Multi-target engagement and flowing thru banks of targets.
- Target transition drills - engaging targets small to large and large to small.
- Engaging multiple targets near to far and far to near.
Engaging multiple targets at variable distances.
Use of the flash sight picture vs. perfect sight alignment.
- Advanced tactical speed shooting concepts.
- Mastering Sight Gear 3 - Front sight proximity shooting.
Man vs. man and team shoot-offs on shape targets, steel plate racks, dueling trees and rotating targets.
- Walk back precision drills engaging 8" plates from 10 yards to beyond 50 yards.
10-stage timed Standard Drill Test and evaluation.
Shoot 'til you puke!
Course duration: 2 days (16 hours)
Course tuition: $ 350.00
(Tuition fee includes use of loaner firearms and equipment)
Course student limit: 12
Student requirements: Notepad and pen, eye protection, ear protection, baseball type cap, heavy-duty leather or nylon pants belt, holster and magazine carriers, personal defense pistol with at least (5) standard capacity magazines or (7) single stack magazines, handgun cleaning kit and gun oil / CLP.
Recommended equipment: Rain gear, sunscreen, insect repellent, hydration system, water and secondary handgun in the event your primary handgun breaks during the course. Bring a handgun cleaning kit, gun oil / CLP and any tools you may need to keep your handgun up and running for the class.
Ammunition requirements: 1800 rounds (minimum)
(Ammunition is available for purchase upon request)
Standard drills test: All standard drills are shot from the 10 yard line on steel torso plates and 8" steel circle plate racks.
Students have 3 attempts to pass each standard. Each standard is worth 10 points. Students must score 70% or higher (7 out of 10) to pass this course.
- 1 round from ready pistol - 1.00 seconds
- 1 round from the holster - 1.75 seconds
- 1 round - reload - 1 round from ready pistol - 3.25 seconds
- 1 round - reload - 1 round from the holster - 4.00 seconds
- 2 rounds on 1 target from ready pistol - 1.25 seconds
- 2 rounds on 1 target from the holster - 2.00 seconds
- 2 rounds each on 2 targets from ready pistol - 2.25 seconds
- 2 rounds each on 2 targets from the holster - 2.75 seconds
- 6 plates / plate rack from ready pistol - 5.0 seconds
- 6 plates / plate rack from the holster - 6.0 seconds
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAINING SCHEDULE
CLICK HERE FOR CLASS REGISTRATION