2-day Dynamic Rifle Combatives Certification Course
Course # DRCC.0707.2 (16-hour Course)
Michigan MCOLES Approved Course
(Approved by the Michigan Commission on LE Standards)
Pre-requisite: Our 2-day Introduction to the AR-15 / M-4 Rifle Certification Course, 2-day Basic Patrol Rifle Certification Course or firearms training course of equivalent level.
Course Description: This intense 2-day firearms training course expands focus on tactical speed shooting concepts, aggressive gun-handling skills and dynamic action while using unorthodox shooting positions when fighting with the rifle around vehicles, obstacles and using cover.
The techniques presented in this firearms training course have been established from real world situations that law enforcement officers and lawfully armed citizens have experienced during deadly force encounters with violent assailants.
Students will deploy the rifle from various shooting positions that will include laying on both sides, supine and inverted rifle while using unorthodox shooting positions to shoot around obstacles, through barrier windows and under vehicles. Drills will also include displacing to cover and fighting from a grounded position back to standing.
This firearms training course will provide invaluable information to the student with techniques on how to fight with the rifle around obstacles, vehicles and from grounded positions.
This is a fast paced, physically demanding firearms training course! Students should be in good physical condition, familiar with their equipment and have solid intermediate gun-handling skills established prior to attending this firearms training course.
Students have the option to use their agency issued or personally owned weapons. Select fire weapons are allowed.
The following firearms training topics will be covered:
Firearms safety and safe gun-handling skills.
Principals of personal defense.
Conditioning mental focus and combat mindset.
- Enhanced tactical aptitude.
Review fundamentals of shooting a rifle.
The natural action stance.
- Review methodology of combat shooting with the rifle.
Transport mode, carry mode and press checking the rifle.
Review use of tactical sling systems.
Enhanced combat gun-handling skills.
Presentation from low ready, indoor ready and SUL.
- Refining presentation technique.
- Balancing speed and accuracy.
- Enhanced tactical speed shooting concepts.
- Reducing stimulus / response time.
Moving off the line of force and lateral displacement to cover.
- Bounding over-watch team drills with displacement while advancing and withdrawing.
Threat assessment and area scanning.
- Engaging threats around, over and under obstacles.
Dominating the weapon, threat and visual areas.
Ammunition management and reloading techniques.
Transition to secondary weapon system.
Malfunction clearance drills.
Multiple threat engagement strategies.
Close Quarter Battle (CQB) techniques.
Drugged assailant and body armor defeating drills.
Mastering Sight Gear 2 - The Flash Sight Picture.
Weapon retention issues.
- Deployment from vehicles.
- Grounded weapon / battlefield pick-up drills.
- Engaging threats from the sitting and supine positions.
- Engaging threats while laying on left and right sides.
- Engaging threats with rifle inverted and laying on back.
- Engaging threats from prone and roll-over prone positions.
- Fighting from grounded positions back to standing.
- Support side engagements from behind cover.
- Dynamic position transition while engaging threats from various barricade windows.
- Scrambler barricade course - rifle and pistol.
- Timed Combat Rifle Qualification Course with certified marksmanship rating.
- Roll around on the ground - get dusty, muddy & love it!
Course duration: 2-days (16 hours)
Course tuition: $ 350.00
($ 450.00 for classes in Elkhorn, WI. with range fee included)
(Tuition fee includes all range fees and use of loaner firearms)
Course student limit: 16
Student requirements: Note pad and pen, eye protection, ear protection, baseball type cap, heavy-duty leather or nylon pants belt, holster and magazine carriers, personal defense pistol with at least 3 magazines, personal defense rifle with at least 4 magazines and tactical sling.
Recommended equipment: Red dot sights and holographic sights are allowed, back-up iron sights, rain gear, sunscreen, insect repellent, knee & elbow pads, hydration system and water.
Ammunition requirements: 900 rounds of rifle ammunition and 100 rounds of handgun ammunition (minimum)
Ammunition is available for purchase upon request.
Rifle ammunition must be new manufacture (Federal, Remington, Winchester, etc.)
Absolutely no reloaded or remanufactured ammunition!
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAINING SCHEDULE
CLICK HERE FOR CLASS REGISTRATION