SWAT Officer Handgun Qualification Prep Course
Course # SQPC.0205.3 (8-hour Course)
Course Description: This 1-day firearms training course focuses on preparing SWAT test candidates for the Chicago Police Department's SWAT test handgun qualification course.
The Firearms Proficiency Test is Stage One of Phase One in the SWAT candidate test process and a passing score of 70% or higher is required to move on to Stage Two of Phase One, as outlined in E05-15.
This course concentrates on refining gun-handling skills and marksmanship to consistently shoot a passing score of 80% or higher for Tier 2 SWAT Officer eligibility and how to consistently shoot 90% or higher for Tier 1 SWAT Team Operator eligibility, as outlined in E05-15.
Our professional firearms instructor staff has years of real world LE experience and national recognition for training thousands of law enforcement officers across the country and we are ready to help you maximize your shooting skills potential!
Sign up today and let us help you become one of the top ranked candidates on the next SWAT eligibility list!
Class dates: Monday, January 23, 2023
Tuesday, January 24, 2023
Monday, January 30, 2023
Tuesday, January 31, 2023
Click here to download or review the class flyer PDF
Overflow training dates will be added as needed.
Class times: 0830 - 1700
- These classes will be conducted on a heated indoor range facility.
- Each class will be limited to (14) students per class to maximize student drill time and instructor diagnostics feedback.
- The instructor to student ratio will be (1) instructor for every (3) students.
- Class slots will be filled on a first come - first serve basis.
- Only pre-paid slots will be reserved for students.
- Once a class is full it will be marked as CLOSED FULL on our main training schedule.
- Once a class is FULL, we will start a student stand-by list and back-fill any slots that become available due to cancellations.
- To register for a class by mail; complete the Class Registration Form, print it out and and mail it to the address at the bottom of the form with your tuition payment.
- To register for a class using a credit card; complete the Class Registration Form, save it as a PDF and E-mail it to: email@example.com. We will E-mail you an electronic invoice that you can pay on-line with a credit card or debit card.
- Click here to view our Instructor Staff Professional Vitas.
- Call (708) 990-4367 if you have any questions or need additional information.
All students will receive a training manual covering our training methodology, SWAT qualification course of fire and a list of shooting drills performed in the class that can be practiced after the class is completed.
The following firearms training topics will be covered:
Review of firearms safety and safe gun-handling procedures.
Conditioning mental focus.
- Enhanced tactical aptitude.
Refining shooting fundamentals and weapon manipulation.
Basic gun-handling skills vs. combat gun-handling skills
Refining presentation of the pistol from ready pistol.
Refining presentation of the pistol from the holster.
Time efficient reloading techniques.
Dry practice exercises and techniques.
Basic marksmanship vs. combat marksmanship.
Mastering Roll Thru the Link trigger press and reset technique.
- Balancing speed and accuracy.
- Refining surgical accuracy.
- Refining one hand shooting strong side only & support side only.
- Multi-shot progressive shooting drills.
- Multi-shot rhythm drills and split-time reduction strategies.
- Methodology of combat shooting the semi-automatic pistol.
Use of the flash sight picture vs. perfect sight alignment.
Understanding time elements used in courses of fire.
- Reducing stimulus / response time.
- SWAT qualification course stages breakdown.
Timed CPD SWAT Handgun Qualification Course with certified marksmanship rating.
Course duration: 1 day (8 hours)
Course tuition: $ 150.00 (Includes range fee and CPD discount)
(Daily tuition rate has been reduced for Chicago Police Officers)
Course student limit: 14 students per class
Student requirements: Note pad and pen, eye protection, ear protection, baseball type cap, duty belt with holster and
magazine carriers, body armor, duty pistol with at least (3) standard-capacity magazines or (5) single-stack magazines if you are using a single-stack duty pistol, handgun cleaning kit and gun oil / CLP.
(Body armor is mandatory!)
Recommended equipment: Kneepads are optional for shooting from the kneeling position stage, hydration system / water.
Ammunition requirements: 500 rounds (minimum)
Ammunition for this course must be factory new brass case only!
We will NOT ALLOW the use of reloaded ammunition, remanufactured ammunition, steel case ammunition or aluminum case ammunition in this course.
(Ammunition is available for purchase, pre-order only)
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAINING SCHEDULE
CLICK HERE FOR CLASS REGISTRATION